As the Marketing Manager, Demand Generation, you’ll be responsible for developing and leading the strategies, plans and performance analysis of ABX/nearbound and paid media marketing programs to drive awareness, engagement and conversion of new mid-market and enterprise business. This is an individual contributor role that will lead our demand generation efforts at ActivTrak.
- Be exceptionally pragmatic. Working in a scale-up environment requires that you’ll be able to make the right trade offs to progress projects while balancing constraints and input. We’re looking for a candidate that can be pragmatic, and has the ability to make decisions based on data and execute programs accordingly.
- Shape our demand generation strategy for pipeline and revenue growth. Lead the prioritization, development and execution of our demand generation initiatives to attract, engage and convert prospects to fuel new mid-market and enterprise business growth in an efficient and profitable manner.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams. Partner across Brand, Content, Lifecycle, Sales Development and BI to design best practices for optimizing demand gen campaigns for growth. Work with Brand to develop upper-funnel strategies that raise ActivTrak’s awareness and engagement, while collaborating on strategy with Lifecycle Marketing on email nurture and Sales Development on outreach sequences to improve lower funnel conversion.
- Own the budget and testing roadmaps to maximize performance. Manage planning, forecasting and budgeting to work towards meeting our goals. Drive testing strategies to optimize targeting, creative, messaging hooks and landing pages. Introduce new opportunities to diversify and scale our paid acquisition mix with new channels and media types.
- Monitor key performance metrics to ensure program health. Ensure that we are optimizing towards our strategic CAC and LTV goals, while balancing upper and mid-funnel metrics (impressions, traffic, MQLs, SQLs, Opps, conversion rates, cost pers, and brand awareness). You’ll help determine that we have the right mechanisms to effectively measure performance and progress towards our business goals.
- Act as a go-to expert of demand creation for internal teams. Democratize insights and learnings of your programs to help stakeholders clearly understand what’s possible, how demand creation and demand capture work better together over time, and how they can best contribute towards testing, optimization and growth.
- Be customer-obsessed. We believe understanding the customer experience across pre and post sales activity helps our team build amazing products that solve real problems. Getting to know our customers and the challenges they face through conversations, research, and engagement with our community, will be a powerful input into this role.
- Care deeply about your own productivity. Through understanding your own productivity and the productivity of those around you, you gain better insight into our customers’ challenges. We’re looking for someone who wants to talk openly about their own productivity successes for the purpose of innovation and performance elevation.
Your experience (Skills requirements)
As the Marketing Manager, Demand Generation you will translate business priorities, customer insights and performance data into actionable digital marketing strategies, manage budgets focused on working towards key business outcomes, and build successful working relationships with both internal partners and media agencies. You will also:
- Thrive on the opportunity to lead, build and collaborate to drive results
- Communicate a succinct vision, strategy and roadmap to executives and team members
- Break a demand generation strategy down into a testing plan to work towards achieving key growth and efficiency outcomes
- Flex your thinking across the buyer journey, including how different media channels fit best into that journey
- Continuously develop a better understanding of our customers to inform audience targeting, messaging, content mapping and account lists
- Craft and iterate on consumer-facing messaging that makes programs better connect with target accounts and personas
- Use data to help uncover actionable insights to optimize campaigns for growth, efficiency and profitability
- Lead multiple high-visibility projects while consistently meeting objectives in a dynamic, results-oriented team environment
- Have experience optimizing spend across various demand generation channels (e.g., LinkedIn, display networks, content syndication, etc.)
- Have experience with or understanding of a B2B SaaS tech stack (e.g., Salesforce, Demandbase, Marketo, Outreach, etc.)
- Position is remote within US
- Minimal travel
- Limited physical demands
This is an incredible opportunity to embark on an exciting journey with a dynamic, VC-backed company. If you have a proven track record of creative thinking, a drive for learning, and a deep commitment to collaboration, we want to talk to you!
ActivTrak is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. ActivTrak does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. #LI-REMOTE