The Freemium RD team oversees the entire user journey on Spotify
and ensures we engage with people in innovative ways, every step of the way. Our team grows Spotify
’s audience by finding future listeners around the world and delivering the right value to them, at the right time. With research, product development, product design, engineering, and marketing all collaborating in one organization, we’re able to quickly create meaningful features and services for millions of people around the world, resulting in joyful, long-lasting relationships with Spotify
We’re looking for 2x Senior Design Managers
to join our team and help us build the next generation of free and paid products that delight listeners and grow Spotify
’s business around the world. You’ll be leading, running, and growing a diverse and inclusive team of product designers – setting focus, strategy, and priorities to help individuals grow in their careers and improve influence and impact.
Opportunity 1: Senior Design Manager - Global Products
Opportunity 2: Senior Design Manager - Subscription Products
If you have a strong preference for a particular role, please let us know when applying. Otherwise, we will determine the most suited team during the interview process.
What You'll Do
- Be a leader with practical design chops – You’ve shipped many products over the years and understand what it takes to build exciting, delightful, and unexpected consumer-orientated experiences.
- Lead design through best-practices, attention to detail, experimentation, and unconventional thinking.
- Provide context, support, and guidance – you will inspire, not merely direct.
- Be responsible for a complex product scope comprising 5+ squads across the Product Area.
- Develop and coach team members by proactively identifying opportunities for growth, and creating personal goals and development plans.
- Look after team health and morale, and create rituals to ensure designers stay connected and informed in the product area and studio.
- Co-create business and design strategy for your Product Area across disciplines.
- Create positioning artifacts and tell stories that inspire alignment across cross-functional teams.
- Proactively identify new problems and opportunities for the team to solve and partner with Insights to propose paths forward.
- Steer the group's design execution toward reaching customer and business goals and take ownership of the team reaching stated business outcomes.
Who You Are
- You are a solid communicator - communicating transparently, up, down, and across the org, to build trust within and across teams.
- You excel in coaching others to give and ask for honest and critical feedback.
- You build strong relationships with Product Area leads and develop best practices for engaging across teams within the organization.
- You drive inclusion and equity within your domain– holding others accountable for non-inclusive behaviors, and promote a psychologically safe environment.
- (Global Products) You have an interest and passion in designing global products for different markets and audiences.
- (Subscription Products) You have an interest and passion in exploring new monetization opportunities through product innovation in established and mature markets.
Where You'll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be in the UK.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European time zone for collaboration.
is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify
for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Originally posted on Himalayas