This position can be located anywhere in the Middle East or Europe.
As Manara's Director of Marketing you will have the leading role in overseeing our entire marketing function globally, driving customer and user growth. This job is full of opportunity for someone who is equal parts dreamer and doer. We want you to come in with a strong background in growing a startup marketing program, and hit the ground running. Your work will cover everything from audience research and landscape review to ICP persona development, B2B and B2C campaigns, conferences and other IRL events. Additionally you will oversee our newsletter, monthly podcast, and community moderation.
Manara is a social impact startup whose mission is to unlock human potential and diversify the global tech sector while uplifting the economies of the Middle East & North Africa (MENA). We run an entirely remote solution to identify the top computer scientists in the MENA region, teach them how to pass interviews, vet them, and help them find amazing jobs (whether remote or on-site). It works: at Google 71% of the referrals in our last batch were hired. We don't stop at job placement. Our vision is to build the top tech talent community in the MENA region and support them at each stage in their lifecycle to help them reach their dreams: how to get a promotion, become a manager, be the first woman engineer on a team, etc. The community is driven by a tech product that facilitates connection, shared learning, and motivation.
To achieve our ambitious mission we are seeking an experienced Marketing Director. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining all marketing channels, with a laser-sharp focus on growing our two primary audiences:
- Tech companies (in Europe, USA & MENA primarily) who share our vision for an inclusive & diverse tech sector that distributes career opportunities globally.
- Software engineers in the Middle East & North Africa (especially women) who have big dreams.
This role will initially manage one employee, two part-time contractors and will have the opportunity to further build the team over time.
Note: Diverse candidates often screen themselves out of job applications if they don't have all the qualifications. Please apply if you're excited about the role - we'd love to see your application!
- Growth Marketer: You are masterful at identifying the needs and pain points of your audience and developing and executing strategies to drive user and customer acquisition, retention, and revenue growth.
- Brand-Focused Storyteller: From social media to events, to PR, storytelling is the backbone of Manara's brand and excellent writing and communication skills are essential to excel in this role.
- Social Media Whiz: You know and love sharing stories in creative ways & growing segmented audiences on social media, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
- Marketing & Design Tool Experience: You don't need to be a designer but have a good eye and the ability to provide clear direction and feedback, & familiarity with tools like Canva, InDesign, Figma & Sketch.
- Data Enthusiast: You believe that if it can't be measured it doesn't count. You are adept at using analytics to benchmark progress and make informed marketing choices. You are extremely comfortable leveraging tools like google analytics, CRM, EMS and other marketing automation software. Bonus points if HubSpot is your go-to tool.
- Multi-Channel Marketeer: We need someone who can create and optimize marketing campaigns across various channels and is well-versed in lead acquisition and reach via paid ads, partner marketing and account-based strategies.
- Experimenter You are great at continually testing and experimenting with different strategies and tactics to optimize performance and drive growth.
- Fluent in English All marketing content must be published in English, with our B2B efforts specifically focused on the European and US markets. Stories and social media for our talent acquisition side must also be published in English.
- Execution & Project Management: As a small startup, we depend heavily on each person to be reliable and effective. You get things done efficiently and accurately, with finished products that you and Manara can be proud of.
- Resourceful Leadership: We need someone who is ready to take the lead, make decisions and find solutions. You should be ready to manage and motivate a team of freelancers.
- Growth Mentality: You love learning, are open to feedback, and can quickly learn new things.
- Team Player & Collaboration: We are a small but mighty team. We need someone who collaborates effectively with others, reaching out to them remotely (via Slack, calls, etc) as needed. You bring a “leave your ego at the door” attitude. You roll up your sleeves to do the unglamorous work or support a team member when needed.
Knock Our Socks Off
- Fluent Arabic: if you don't speak Arabic, you'll manage other resources to publish stories & social media in this language too.
- PR Networks: in the US, Europe, or the Middle East & North Africa.
- Talent Industry Expertise: you have prior exposure to & expertise in the recruitment/talent industry, particularly software engineering.
- Remote: You have experience working on effective remote teams & love the flexibility it offers.
- Ambiguity: You are comfortable with the ambiguity & change that naturally occurs at an early-stage startup. In fact, you view it as an opportunity to leave your mark!
- Passion for Manara's mission of creating a community that unlocks the full potential of top tech talent in MENA (with a focus on Palestine & women).
We are a fully remote team, and you can be located anywhere in the MENA region or Europe but must be willing to overlap your workday with Pacific Standard Time working hours of 8:00 am - 12:00 pm Monday - Friday.