We’re seeking an Associate Marketing Strategist who lives and breathes social media. This position will touch all aspects of marketing strategy but will primarily focus on building and maintaining a strong social media presence for a variety of agency clients, ranging from B2C to B2B.
The Associate Marketing Strategist will assist with ongoing strategic client engagements, developing a deep understanding of the client’s business environment, competitive landscape, brand goals, vision and strategy. While the primary role will be focused on social media, this position will be exposed to all aspects of marketing strategy, ensuring that our clients’ social media presence is deeply ingrained in the business goals of the organization and the overarching marketing efforts.
Social Media responsibilities include:
- Creation and management of multiple content calendars for organic social media.
- Strategizing organic social media content based on business objectives, strategic priorities, social trends, etc.
- Collaborating with creative peers to brainstorm social content.
- Posting and management of multiple social media channels, including Meta, LinkedIn, TikTok, etc. May be managed in-platform or via schedulers.
- Working with creative team to complete in-app editing of social video content.
- Managing and maintaining social media content sourced from influencers, working with third-party Influencer agencies.
- Staying up-to-date on current social media trends and social channel requirements.
- Deploying time-sensitive campaign deliverables and managing a schedule with multiple stakeholders while meeting deadlines.
- Analyzing and reporting on key social KPIs to determine creative success or to recommend optimizations.
Marketing Strategy responsibilities include:
- Assist in owning brand management for multiple client engagements at various stages of the client relationship, while producing high-quality deliverables.
- Attend and participate in client and internal meetings, including internal brainstorming sessions to establish brand positioning strategies on behalf of clients.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally in the development and presentation of integrated, innovative, strategic marketing solutions.
- Support short-form copywriting needs for client deliverables, especially in regard to paid and organic social media.
- QA and proofing responsibilities for social media posts and other marketing materials
- Assist in conducting and analyzing various research inputs, such as competitive analysis, qualitative stakeholder interviews, market surveys, and focus groups.
- Stay up-to-date with current trends and innovation in integrated communication strategies, (e.g., media, digital, research, etc.).
- 5+ years of agency or corporate experience in social media marketing or content creation
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, business, psychology, sociology or related field
- Working knowledge of all social media platforms - their audiences, content forms, and best practices for successful feeds
- Strong proficiency in all major social media platforms (Meta, TikTok, and LinkedIn are a must) and in major scheduling platforms, like Hootsuite or Sprout Social.
- Roll-up-your-sleeves drive to get things done
- Strong attention to detail - ability to catch mistakes others miss
- Strategic thinking and a passion for storytelling
- An openness to new ideas and continuous learning
- An ability to work in a collaborative environment with multiple departments/disciplines
- Independent thinking and task management
- Willingness to challenge traditional thinking and take risks
- Must be driven, understand business goals, and have an entrepreneurial spirit
- Must be located in or around the Southern California region
Reports to: Strategy Director
Salary Range: $70,000-$80,000
- Digitally-driven remote working environment, made possible by a transparent and collaborative work culture
- Becoming an integral part of a cutting edge marketing agency
- Working with a talented, passionate, collaborative team
- Casual and flexible working conditions, allowing you to customize your workday
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision and 401(k)
- Unlimited time off policy and generous paid holidays