We're looking for an enterprising Senior Product Marketing Manager to drive go-to-market strategy and program execution for our core data product and solutions. Your leadership, domain experience, and insight will help position data.world as the leading platform for addressing business challenges associated with data discovery, modernization, and governance.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager, you understand our customers, our community, and the challenges they face. You write about their stories and help them understand how they can transform their companies with data.world. If you love telling stories, engaging with customers and partners, and are excited to get into the technical weeds, this role is for you.
At data.world, you will:
- Develop and implement GTM strategies and campaigns in partnership with sales, demand generation, and the broader marketing team.
- Identify and understand the pains and challenges associated with our target users, influencers, and buyer personas, and develop messaging and positioning that demonstrates how our solutions address those issues.
- Understand market trends and the competitive landscape. Effectively apply this knowledge to improve go-to-market strategies and positioning.
- Define the solution value proposition and enable our direct sales team, customer success, and channel partners to effectively communicate with external audiences.
- Assist our sales and partner teams in the field as the subject matter expert for your solution.
- Drive sales team and partner enablement for the successful sales of your solution.
- Collaborate with the demand generation team to develop a business plan for your solution that includes key activities, target personas, budget, and KPIs that align with our company's business goals.
- Develop product marketing material such as web pages, blogs, white papers, presentations, videos, and solutions one-pagers supporting the buyer's journey communicating the value of data.world.
- Continually assess the effectiveness of your solutions strategy and report back to the business areas where you think we can optimize.
- Develop customer relationships and turn them into vocal advocates and evangelists.
We'd love to see:
- At least 7 years of experience in product marketing for an enterprise data or analytics company.
- Deep expertise in competitive intelligence, sales enablement, or customer advocacy programs.
- Customer-centric philosophy with storytelling chops and the ability to educate and enable others to effectively communicate the value of our products.
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills, including the ability to present complex information to diverse teams.
- Strong project management skills. You are equal parts creative, strategic, and traffic cop.
- An appetite to try new things. You're curious and excited to improve your process, and always looking to learn. You don't shy away from the tough questions.
- Innate curiosity for and ability to understand complex, enterprise use cases and technology.
Big pluses include:
- Domain expertise in cloud data including ETL and data integration.
- Experience in a fast-moving startup environment.
- Familiarity with data & analytics challenges related to metadata management and data governance.
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive compensation with generous bonus program
- Fully paid health, vision, and dental insurance premiums for your entire family
- Company-paid life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, and legal coverage
- Remote-forward, super flexible, casual, and enjoyable environment with open PTO
- Charitable donation matching and community philanthropy opportunities
- Wellness programs catered to individual needs
- Quarterly headquarters events - all employees welcome
- An awesome group of smart and determined coworkers, including a tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and senses of humor
- Your own Sparkletar owl character - have you seen them yet?
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we're excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. data.world is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are the world's largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.
data.world is committed to providing a safe, healthy, and productive work environment. Consistent with this commitment, it is the intent of the Company to maintain a drug-free workplace.